On Florida's east coast, planning romantic interludes is almost limitless in Jacksonville. From fine dining and a couples massage to a cultural night out or a casual picnic, there is a perfect venue designed for that special someone.
When making plans, consider these suggestions for extraordinary and romantic encounters that are sure to please and create memories to last a lifetime. Whether you are a local, or a visitor to the Jacksonville, FL area, these are great recommendations for you and your partner to consider.
Matthew's Restaurant in San Marco offers an array of delectable dishes inspired by Chef Matthew Medure. Enjoy a glass of wine and a sumptuous meal meticulously prepared with every detail attended to. Matthew's is fine dining at its best amid an elegant and sophisticated atmosphere of white linens, soft lighting and a serene environment.
Create a romantic European theme at Bistro AIX with its stylish blend of cosmopolitan decor coupled with French-imported antiques and brickwork from the 40s. Antique mirrors reflect the decor inside while outside, a bubbling fountain adds a touch of old-world charm. The bistro offers an exceptional menu, handmade pastries, signature cocktails and offer a variety of wines from their cellar available by the glass or bottle.
The city of Jacksonville offers a variety of cultural opportunities to share with someone who appreciates music and the performing arts. Plan a romantic meal for two to start the evening then make your way to one the cities venues for an evening of entertainment.
- Begin the evening with a meal and live performance at the Alhambra Dinner Theater. Enjoy a full-service plated meal inspired by Chef DeJuan Roy and featuring creations inspired by the night's performance.
- Since 1927 The Florida Theatre has provided a variety of performances to satisfy every palate from stand up comedians and rock concerts to circus performances and experiencing the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- The Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts has an extensive schedule of shows from musical concerts to sporting events.
- For a night of sublime music, plan to attend a performance by the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra. Founded in 1949, you won't be disappointed by the caliber of music you'll listen to at the Robert E. Jacoby Symphony Hall located at the Times-Union Center.
- For an impromptu outing, the Wilson Center for the Arts, located at Florida State College on the south campus, features a year-long schedule of events including an art series, dance ensembles, and music and theatrical performances.
Resorts and Inns
Enjoy a spa package for two at a local Jacksonville resort such as One Ocean where you and your special someone will be pampered with breakfast for two in the privacy of your room along with champagne and chocolates and a spa credit for invigorating services.
Choose a romantic setting in a vintage turn-of-the-century home at the The Riverdale Inn. Luxury rooms with private bath, peaceful setting and elegant decor add to the charm of one of two remaining mansions from an era of days gone by. Guests enjoy beautifully appointed rooms, a delicious breakfast and afternoon tea with scones.
Romantic Outdoor Outing
Walking along the beach at sunset, hand-in-hand, is one of the all-time romantic scenes for couples. Another equally impressive scene is riding a horse along the beach with the wind whipping through your hair and ocean breezes assaulting the senses.
Offer this scenario for a day to remember with a significant other at Amelia Island State Park. Experience the freedom of horseback riding along the shoreline on the beach and bring a smile to your partner's face.
Enjoy visiting the area with your lovey and experience everything romantic that Jacksonville, Florida has to offer.