For years people have chastised me for never being able to pick a favorite. "What's your favorite movie?" Ummm... "Your favorite food?" Yikes, well let me see...
But ask for my favorite beauty product and no doubt you will get more than an ear full. Not just the name (SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50), but also a lecture about WHY I love it so much. Hey - you asked!
After years of working in the beauty industry, I've had love affairs with lipstick and thought I would die when I ran out of my favorite moisturizer. Yet nothing is as important in my beauty regimen as my SPF.
Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled when anyone wears ANY sunscreen (years of burns and fear of wrinkles have made me an expert), but if I could force everyone in the world to wear Physical Fusion... well, let's just say the world would be a better place.
The big reasons why:
• It has an SPF of 50 - which is better than 15. It's even better than 30. Step your SPF number game up.
• It has a universal tint. That's right - ANYONE can wear it and not have that awful, chalky, "you forgot to rub in your sunscreen" face.
• It has physical sun blockers (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide), which means you can put it on and walk out the door. Unlike a chemical sunscreen that takes time to absorb into your skin to actually protect you. Time none of us have - thank you sir oxide.
The smaller, but clearly still important reasons why:
• It makes you look pretty (see above re: universal tint. It makes everyone's skin look flawless).
• It will help you look pretty for years to come (your number one concern should be protection from skin cancer, but if you can practically guarantee non-leathery skin and fewer wrinkles, then it's a duh one-two punch)
• It's just really cool that one product can work for every skin tone under the sun. Because think about that range. Major.
Next up: I attempt to choose my favorite shoes. Kidding. Impossible.