Crescent rolls go well with many meals including roast and vegetables, and even soups. The crescents are quick and easy to add to most meals, and are especially loved at the holidays. Simply spread butter on the warm rolls and enjoy.
There are ways to prepare crescent rolls that make them the main component of a meal as well. Served with a side salad of mixed fruit, or one of greens, cherry tomatoes, and sliced cucumber, these ideas will give you a great breakfast, lunch or dinner any day of the week.
The method is easy. Simply choose the foods you want, and wrap them in the crescent as you roll it. Bake in the oven until done.
Choose from a number of different foods and combinations per roll, and consider doing something different with each roll. These are highly customizable.
- a sausage link
- 2 or 3 strips of bacon
- half an egg patty and a sausage link
- sliced ham and cheese
- diced tomato, chicken strip, and a slice of cheese
- turkey and provolone cheese with bits of broccoli and some parsley
- ham strip, rosemary, cream cheese, and diced olives
- corned beef and cabbage leftover from a boiled dinner
- apple pie filling, seasoned with nutmeg and cinnamon
- pear slices with cinnamon
- peach slices and brown sugar
Do you have a special way of preparing meals that utilize crescent rolls. Feel free to share.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at email@example.com, or by leaving a comment here. Get her eCookBooks Very Frugal Vegetables and Main Meal Magic for recipes and tips.