1. Life
  2. Society & Culture
  3. Social Issues

Icy road conditions result in death of 7 year old girl

Desoto County, Mississippi - 2/3/2010

7 year old Meizja Brumfield was pronounced dead at the scene of a single car crash that took place just outside of Memphis city limits in Hernando, Mississippi on Saturday. According to police reports dated January 30, Jackson resident Michelle Brumfield and her three children were heading to Chicago via Interstate 55 when she lost all control of her vehicle.

Mississippi Highway Patrol authorities believe that icy road conditions are what caused Michelle Brumfield's vehicle to overturn resulting in the fatality of her 7 year old daughter, Meizja. Michelle Brumfield was immediately transported by ambulance to The Med in Memphis where she was hospitalized for injuries suffered in the incident. The two surviving Brumfield children also suffered serious injuries and were taken by ambulance to Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center.

Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center representative, Anne Glankler, informed The Examiner that both Brumfield children, ages six and nine, were discharged from Le Bonheur on February 2nd. WREG News Channel 3 reports that the children's mother was released from medical care at The Med on the same day.

Comments

• Jenna 4 years ago

Thats so sad.

• Eric Masterson 4 years ago

Accidents like this are why it is so important for people to listen to weather reports and stay off the roads if advised to do so.

• Luvs2Read 4 years ago

Saw your tweet and I just subscribed to your articles!

• Trista B 4 years ago

That poor lady. I don't think I could ever forgive myself.

• Cop Guy 4 years ago

This was one of many car accidents brought on by the winter storms in the area.

• Eddie P Goss 4 years ago

Nice job!!

• Angie D from New Hope 4 years ago

PQ I remember your talent for writing in high school and I just wanted you to know that I follow your writing with The Examiner and Skirt Magazine. My mom said there are 2 publishers in a bidding war over the first book. You have always been a smart girl like that. Don't forget the little people when you're talking books on Oprah!

• Angel 10 months ago

I am Meizja's aunt and I looked at the comment of an ignorant person saying that people should be aware and listen to the weather report. Where is the sympathy jerk? Some people have the nerve to tell people what they should do or should have done. What would you do if you lost one of your children our nieces in a car accident? Don't be quick to criticize, pray for the grieving family instead. So,