What would summer be without ice cream? Ice cream sodas. Ice cream cones. Sundaes. There are many ways to consume ice cream on a hot summer day. And there are a good many toppings for ice cream as well. Other treats. Fruits. Salty foods. Take your pick.
- French vanilla ice cream is great topped with hot apple pie filling and whipped cream.
- Vanilla ice cream goes well with hot apple crisp and chocolate chips.
- Why not top chocolate ice cream with a broken up brownie, whipped cream, and chocolate jimmies.
- Top chocolate chip ice cream with warm marshmallow topping and chopped mint for a simple treat.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream topped with hot fudge is a real treat.
- Cookies and cream ice cream with crushed oreos and whipped cream is good as well.
- Another option is coconut ice cream covered with chocolate shell.
- Cranberry ice cream is good topped with crumbled pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies.
- Vanilla ice cream with mini marshmallows, crushed graham cracker, and chocolate bar bits is delicious.
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream with hot fudge, marshmallow cream, and whipped cream is easy to put together.
- Peanut butter ice cream with broken peanut butter cups, whipped topping, and chocolate jimmies is another treat.
- Try strawberry ice cream topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Or vanilla bean ice cream topped with warm chocolate pudding, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream.
- Vanilla ice cream is also tasty with caramel sauce, hot fudge, and plain chips for dipping.
- And chocolate ice cream with hot fudge or chocolate frosting, is good for dipping cheese flavored chips.
- Pumpkin ice cream topped with cranberries, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips is a tasty treat for the autumn months.
- And vanilla ice cream sprinkled with crushed peppermint and ribbon candies is a delicious dessert at Yule and Christmas.
- Vanilla ice cream topped with hot crushed pineapple, allowing the sprinkling of shredded mild cheddar cheese to melt over the top, is good during the winter months.
And the list goes on. There are so many different toppings to choose from they could not all be listed here.
Tell us what your favorite ice cream toppings are in the comments below, and be sure to check out the Frugal Recipes blog for more dessert ideas.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a comment here. And be sure to check out the book store for Beverages on a Budget and other cookbooks.