Hyundai announced Sept. 23, that they were stepping up the SEMA concepts race for 2013 by partnering with Bisimoto Engineering to create a 1,000 horsepower Genesis Coupe for the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas.
Bisimoto Engineering is known for extracting awesome, reliable power out of production-grade, everyday powerplants, and the Bisimoto 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe will be no exception - with an awesome 1,000 horsepower generated from a turbocharged Hyundai-factory-based 3.8-liter V6 engine.
A regular naturally-aspirated Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec engine will be the core of the power plant for the SEMA Genesis Coupe and Bisimoto will add newly-designed internal parts to deliver a street capable and reliable Genesis with unimaginable power.
“The key to producing reliable, high-horsepower engines goes well beyond the design, engineering and fabrication of performance parts. The core powerplant must be strong enough to withstand advanced modifications. The Genesis Coupe 3.8-liter Lambda engine is a thoroughly robust powerplant, and Bisimoto Engineering is excited to develop it to its full potential for the rigors of competitive motorsport,” said Bisi Ezerioha, owner of Bisimoto Engineering.
The standard 3.8L V6 engine in the 2013 Genesis generates 348 horsepower and is mated to either an 8-speed automatic transmission with Shiftronic paddle shifters or a short throw 6-speed manual. Hyundai did not specify the transmission to me be used in the Bisimoto Genesis but noting the Bisimoto-spec Action Ironman clutch, it looks like a manual gearbox.
Complementing the extensive work underhood, Bisimoto created a custom Electric Blue paint, Denmatic design graphics package, ARK hood and Carbon Fiber decklid. From the rear view, a Burns stainless exhaust and Bisimoto rear badge round out the visual impact.
Genesis Coupe 3.8L Hyundai Stock V6 Engine Modifications
• Bisimoto-developed internal components that include steel connecting rods, intake gasket, injectors and Level 2.4 camshafts
• Twin Bisimoto/Turbonetics BTX6462 turbochargers with Godzilla blow-off valve and Dual RG45 wastegate
• Arias forged pistons
• Golden Eagle sleeves
• WPC metal surface treatment
• Supertech valvetrain
• Vibrant VanJen clamps and stainless hardware
• Magnafuel 750 fuel pump
• ARP head, main, and wheel studs
• Portflow custom headwork
• AEM Infinity EMS
• Custom smart ignition coils
• NGK Iridium spark plugs
• Puröl Elite synthetic oil
• Spearco intercooler
• Griffin radiator
• Kinsler fuel filters
• Bisimoto-spec Action Ironman clutch
• Bisimoto roll cage
• Progress coilover suspension and anti-roll bars
• Drive Shaft Shop 5.9 Axles and driveshaft
• Incurve 20x9.5 and 20x11 aluminum wheels
• Toyo Tires R888 R-Compound tires
• Buddy Club racing seats and harness
• Bisimoto reservoir socks
• Racepack IQ3 dash
• Bisimoto oil cap
• Odyssey dry cell battery
• Rywire mil-spec harness
• G&J braided lines