Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is the answer to many questions. With the kids back in school and better organization needed, a good fall cleaning is in order. Here is a simple, cost-effective product that will make every home look, feel and smell fresh, clean and odor free.
Hydrogen peroxide is recommended by the CDC for the killing of germs, such as MRSA, staph, fungi and most other disease-causing bacteria. This common, very familiar product is an antimicrobial and is registered with the EPA as a sterilizer. The two components are oxygen and water.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of products for sale in the cleaning aisles of grocery and discount stores with hydrogen peroxide as one of the main ingredients. Big name products come with big price tags. Everyone is looking for smarter, less expensive ways to do everything. So, skip the pricey items and just buy hydrogen peroxide, 70 percent strength by volume for most every type of cleaning and 35 percent as food grade.
Not very long ago, hydrogen peroxide was 50 cents for a 16 oz. bottle. Like everything else, the price has doubled to $1, or more, in some stores. Still, it is a bargain compared to other cleaners and disinfectants. If you shop wisely, you can still find it for 50 cents.
Hydrogen peroxide is an excellent natural cleaner. Pour it in a spray bottle and lightly mist everything in the entire house. Pour it as regular strength on material items that have blood stains. It won't change the color of clothes, bedding, etc., but will lift the blood stain out.
Hydrogen peroxide can do all these things with no added ingredients needed:
- Remove mold and mildew from bathtubs, lavatories and shower curtains
- Cleans and whitens dentures and natural teeth
- Power boost laundry detergent - don't pay for oxi-clean
- Disinfects: garbage pails, refrigerators, counter tops, dishes, stove tops, dish washers and more
- Cleans and disinfects blood spills, yellowed lace, shared computers, all non-wood surfaces, toilets and fresh produce, contact lens, toothbrushes
- Cleans non-wood floors and carpets
- Cleans windows and blinds
- Cleans and disinfects autos and upholstery
- Freshens curtains
- Substitute for mouthwash
- Fertilizer and bug-killer in the garden
If it can be cleaned, clean it with hydrogen peroxide. Save money. Save time by cleaning and disinfecting in one step. Save the environment by using natural chemicals.