Hyatt Regency Chicago, Chicago’s largest hotel and the largest Hyatt in the world, is set to showcase a $168 million renovation in early April, enhancing the entire property into a sleek, modern oasis for travelers and locals alike.
Located next to the intersection of Wacker Dr. and Michigan Ave. and on the south end of the Chicago River, Hyatt Regency Chicago is both an urban landmark and international hotel brand. The current renovation seeks to bring a building which was designed more than 30 years ago into alignment with the most recent additions to Chicago’s architectural skyline including the nearby Millennium Park, the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, the Chicago Historical Society and other internationally acclaimed works.
· The renovation of the lobby, including color changing LED lighting, light controlling louvers, new finishes on all surfaces and an art program designed to reflect and frame the river and city skyline
· A new, sleek registration and concierge area with windows to the exterior and guest-friendly desks
· A new 24-hour market, aptly named “Market Chicago”
· The addition of a new lobby seating area and four re-invented restaurants
· Completely renovated Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi (formally named Stetson’s Chop House) with an open kitchen, sushi bar and marble fireplace
· A re-invented BIG Bar – still located at its iconic perch above the river, but now greatly enlarged to facilitate views to the exterior. New additions include: added digital components; new lighting and sound systems; a dramatic reinvention of its renowned monumental bottle display; internally illuminated liquor tower; and new food preparation areas
· Renovated elevator lobbies, which carry the material elements of the new design to the East and West tower areas
· Renovated and repurposed Skybridge, including new “digital community tables,” designed to allow guests to use and charge their digital devices
Hyatt Regency Chicago features 2,019 guest rooms, 228,000 square feet of meeting and event space and five restaurants and lounges. The hotel is located at 151 East Wacker Drive in the heart of downtown. For reservations, visit www.chicagoregency.hyatt.com.