Huntley Fall Fest is a three day festival being held on the final weekend of Sept., Fri.-Sun., Sept. 27-28-29, 2013. Huntley is in McHenry County, in the far northwestern suburbs of Chicago. The weekend festival, just south of the Wisconsin/Illinois border, is a great destination for a day trip.
The fall festival is a venue for family oriented fun, with attractions including entertainment food, carnival rides, music, a beer garden, dancing, a petting zoo, pony rides, scarecrow building, scarecrows contests and a kid's area with straw maze and pumpkin patch.
There are several special events on Sat., the longest day of the festival. Sat. morning starts out with a pancake breakfast and a 5K run. Additional attractions on Sat. include a car show and hayrides.
Special events on Sat. and Sun. include a tractor show, craft and home business expo and library book sale. The Radio Disney Road crew will delight children at Deike Park on Sat. (1-2:30 p.m.). A fireworks show is on Sat. night (8:45-8:55 p.m.).
The carnival hours are Fri. (5-10:30 p.m.), Sat.: (noon-10:30 p.m.) and Sun. (noon-5 p.m.). Special wristbands offering unlimited rides for $20/day are available Fri. (6-10 p.m.), Sat. (1-5 p.m.) and Sun. (1 -5 p.m.).
Food will be available from area vendors, including ribs, burgers, brats, pierogis, turkey legs, smoked chicken, pizza slices, hot dogs, gyros, Italian sandwiches and more.
Entertainment on the Main Stage provides live music through the weekend.
- Fri.: C-Factor (5:45- 8:15 p.m.) and Wedding Banned( 9-11 p.m.)/
- Sat.: Willow Creek Huntley Band (noon - 12:45 p.m.), Serendipity (1:30-3 p.m.), Denny Diamond (3:30-5:30 p.m.), Friction (6:15- 8:15 p.m.) and Modern Day Romeos (9-11:30 p.m.).
- Sun.: Project Two (11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.), HiFi Superstar (12:45 - 2:15 p.m.) and 7th heaven (3 -5 p.m.).
There is a $5 admission fee on Sat. night (5-11 p.m.). Admission is free on Fri., Sat. (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) and on Sun. The festival is held at 12015 Mill St. in Huntley, Ill.
- Arlington Park must pay out big dollar jackpot of over 700K today
- Country and farm festivals in Chicago area final weekend of Sept.
- Oktoberfest celebrations in Chicago area final weekend of Sept.
- Libertyville Oktoberfest under the big top
- Oktoberfest in Milwaukee celebrated four weekends after Labor Day
- Apple Fest a celebration of autumn in Long Grove