The Gleeson House across from the Ohio & Erie Canal is believed to be haunted. It is rumored that a former owner and a man that committed suicide haunt the old farm. Many people have witnessed strange phenomena while exploring the property. A few have seen a ghost.
The Edmund Gleeson House was built in 1851 for Edmund Gleeson and his family. The house was constructed on Dunham Hill and was part of a 200-acre farm. The house was restored in 2007 and is now maintained by the National Park Service.
The property is believed to be haunted by a woman that used to own the farm. A man committed suicide in the barn in 2002 and some people think they have seen his ghost. Visitors have witnessed odd lights and other strange phenomena inside the farmhouse and near the barn. Many people think that paranormal activity is high in the area.
The Gleeson House is located at 7243 Canal Road, in Valley View, Ohio.
Be sure to check out John's other columns:
Akron Paranormal Examiner
Cleveland Haunted Places Examiner
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published. Join John on Facebook, follow on Twitter, or connect on Google+. For more information on the author, visit his website.
Many locations that are listed in John's Hunting the Haunted series require permission to visit or investigate. Most of these places are patrolled by the authorities and trespassers could face fines or possibly even be arrested.
Copyright © 2013 by John Albrecht, All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without permission from the author. Partial reposting is permitted with a link back to the original article.