With Valentine’s Day near, many of us are thinking about what we can do that is special for our sweetie. Somehow, breakfast in bed seems nice, and what could be nicer than breakfast made by the kiddies. Hungry Jack® has a new product out called Easy Pack Funfetti® Valentine’s buttermilk pancake mix. It comes in a package that makes about 4-5 servings and is easy enough for even young kids to use. Just be sure to have an adult help with any cooking.
Besides the fact that the package comes in an easy-to-use serving size, it has sprinkles in it. You know how much kids like sprinkles so making the pancakes will be so much fun for kids. To make the pancakes heart shaped, use a heart shaped mold or cookie cutter. You can find them at Bed Bath and Beyond in Mesa or any cooking store. Wal-Mart will have them in their craft section, too.
Hungry Jack products are available at your local grocery store in Mesa, so they will not be difficult to find.
Makes 5 servings
• No-Stick Cooking Spray
• Hungry Jack® Easy Pack™ Funfetti® Valentine's Buttermilk Pancake Mix
• 1 cup water
• 10 drops red food color
• 1/4 cup Syrup
• 1/4 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Strawberry Preserves
• Whipped cream
• Cinnamon sugar
1. HEAT griddle or skillet to medium-high heat (350°F.) Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
2. COMBINE pancake mix and water in medium bowl. Stir in food color. Coat heart-shaped pancake mold or metal heart-shaped cookie cutter with no-stick cooking spray. Place on hot griddle. Pour 3 tablespoons batter into mold, spreading to fill mold. Cook 30 seconds. Remove mold. Turn over pancake. Cook 30 seconds. Remove pancake to plate to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
3. COMBINE syrup and preserves in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds or until warm. Spoon over individual pancakes. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
You may also want to see our daily kitchen tips for lots of kitchen and cooking ideas.