Smiley faces have appeared on the sides of hundreds of sheep across the UK. The image was first spotted on 20 animals grazing in a field in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. There have been sightings in five other fields since from Perthshire in Scotland to Exeter, 500 miles away in Devon.
Ros Turner, whose sheep were “tagged” in Melton Mowbray says, “Passing motorists and walkers have had to double take. They can’t quite believe what they are seeing and I’ve had a few people stop me and ask what is going on. It’s like crop circles - but on sheep.
"The animals do not seem to have been affected in any way. They are still grazing and going about their day to day lives in the usual way."
Meanwhile, farmers scratch their heads and wonder why their flocks have been targeted.
Photos of the sheep have gone viral on Twitter with users sharing sightings and speculating about the source of the smiley face - using the hashtag #creepysheep.
Feel free to post your comments below.
If you would like to receive regular updates from this author, subscribe free. Click Subscribe at the top of this page, and you will receive a free Email with a link to future articles.
- Is time travel possible? Woman in 1938 film talks on cell phone
- Super psychic kids in Vietnam and Philippines mystify scientists: Pyrokinesis?
- Happy Chinese New Year 2013, Year of the Water Snake: Gung Hay Fat Choy!
- Thai villagers hang red shirts to repel Window Ghost, methane detectors better
- Partial Pyrokinesis: The dancing flame exercise