On Saturday, hundreds of gun rights supporters rallied at the Arizona State Capitol in Phoenix, many of them armed with rifles, pistols and shotguns, warning Washington lawmakers to stay away from their guns, ABC 15 reported.
ABC's Steve Kuzj called it a "typical gathering at the state capitol, with the exception of a few hundred guns," with "[c]ouples holding hands, families out for a day with the kids, good friends cracking jokes."
Six-year-old Jasmine and her sister Lillie attended with their mother and grandfather, Steven Sapp.
"The 6-year-olds showed off their pink BB guns to me like most young girls would show their Barbies," Kuzj wrote.
"It's loaded,” Jasmine told Kuzj.
"I told them if Obama had his way, he would take those pink BB guns away from them,” Sapp added.
Protesters carried signs reading "Pro Gun," "Anti-Obama" and "Impeach Obama," Monier added. One sign spotted at the rally read "God, guns and guts - keep it that way."
A picture posted at Twitchy showed a man in a business suit with a tactical rifle slung over his shoulder.
"Keeping guns out of law abiding citizens doesn't do anything to decrease crime or deter crime at all," said gun owner Jeff Tompkins.
Fox said a similar rally drew 22 people in Denver.
Since the Newtown school shootings, Democrats across the country have introduced a variety of measures they say are intended to reduce gun crime. Some of the measures, however, include confiscation of weapons and one proposal in Washington State has been criticized as violating the Fourth Amendment. A draft measure being circulated by Democrats in Wisconsin would outlaw ammunition that state hunting regulations say is required for hunting deer and bear.
- Wisconsin Democrats circulate legislation to ban hunting ammunition
- Arkansas governor signs law allowing concealed guns in churches
- Washington gun control proposal said to violate Fourth Amendment to Constitution
- Missouri Democrats propose law giving gun owners 90 days to turn in weapons
- Minnesota Democrats pushing gun confiscation bill similar to Missouri's
- Iowa Democrat: Ban and confiscate semi-automatic guns
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners