High school basketball teams from around the state will know by late Friday evening if they are staying home for the tournament, playing a preliminary round game for a chance to advance to the quarterfinals, or heading to the quarterfinals without a prelim game.
The next two days will feature many games that will determine that.
Here is a look at some of the huge games scheduled for the final two days of the high school basketball regular season.
- PCHS at Narraguagus- Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.- A PCHS win would send the Pirates to the quarterfinals. Narraguagus will enter the class C tournament as the number three seed
- Washington Academy at Lee- Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.- Both teams look like they headed to the tournament. Washington Academy still has a chance for a home prelim game.
- Waterville at Belfast- Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.- Every heal point matters for Waterville, who is in a battle for the final class B tourney spot.
- Camden Hills at Mount View- Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.- Every heal point matters for Camden Hills as they try to get a home prelim game.
- Orono at Bucksport- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- The Red Riots still have a shot for the number one spot in class C. Bucksport needs a win and some help from others to get the final tournament spot.
- MDI at Ellsworth- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- MDI has already advanced to the quarterfinals. Ellsworth has clinched a tournament spot and could earn a home prelim game with an upset over MDI.
- Foxcroft at John Bapst- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- John Bapst needs a win and to get help from some other teams for a chance to play a home prelim game.
- Hermon at Old Town- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- Hermon, Old Town, and Waterville are battling for the last two spots in class B.
- PCHS at Narraguagus- Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.- PCHS still has a chance to be hosting a prelim. Narraguagus could be anywhere from playing at home for a prelim, playing on the road for a prelim, or missing the tournament.
- Central Aroostook at Katahdin- Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.- Katahdin is trying to get the final class D tournament spot.
- Penquis at Mattanawcook- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- Penquis is battling to miss the prelim round and advance to the quarterfinals.
- Bucksport at Orono- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- Bucksport has clinched a tournament spot and will clinch a home prelim game with a victory tonight. Orono still has a chance to earn a home prelim game.
- John Bapst at MDI- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- John Bapst needs a win over MDI on Thursday and a win over Foxcroft on Friday and some help from others to get the last class B tourney spot. MDI is looking to finish strong and lock down the number three seed and advance to the quarterfinals.
- Washburn at Easton- Thursday @ 7 p.m.- These teams are going to finish 1/2 in class D.
- Bangor Christian at Dexter- Friday @ 6 p.m.- Dexter could miss the prelim round and advance to the quarterfinals with a win and some help from others. The Patriots need a win and some help to get a home class D prelim game.
- Deer Isle-Stonington at Jonesport-Beals- Friday @ 6:30 p.m.- A Royals victory will give them a chance to grab a class D tourney spot.
- George Stevens at Central- Friday @ 7 p.m.- A huge game for both teams. The Eagles need a win and help from others to get a class C tourney spot. The Red Devils need a win and help from others to get a home prelim game next week.
- Presque Isle at Caribou- Friday @ 7 p.m.- A win would clinch Presque Isle a home prelim game. Caribou needs a win and one loss from MDI to miss the prelim round.
- Ellsworth at MDI- Friday @ 7 p.m.- This rivarly game has a whole lot on the line.
- John Bapst at Foxcroft- Friday @ 7 p.m.- Game will mean even more if John Bapst can pull off an upset over MDI on Thursday.