Remember the left’s calls for “civility” after the Tuscon shootings? One assumes that Huffington Post contributor Pascal Robert (pron. roh-BAIR) does. He just doesn’t practice it, apparently not even by his own lights. “Since 2007,” he writes in his bio, “he has been recognized for his hard hitting, blunt unvarnished style of bringing attention to current events and global affairs, especially those affecting communities of color.”
Late last night, he provided a taste of some of his “hard hitting, blunt unvarnished style” to readers of Twitter. His tweet was a response to one by conservative columnist Dana Loesch (pictured here), who wrote:
Oh look, the Cougar Coalition for Gun Control's latest ad was rated bulls**t: politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/aug/27/has-little-red-riding-hood-been-banned-not-assault/ …
Robert’s comeback was this brilliant zinger:
I know you would look lovely with thigh high stockings and would love to have a brother give [sic] to you up the a**. Wouldn't you?
Touché, eh Loesch?
“Are you shocked?” asked Katie Pavlich at Townhall. “Because I'm not.”
I must confess that I’m not either, but more’s the pity.
Pavlich continued: “Loesch pointed out on her Twitter feed that attacks like the one above are the reason why many women don't get into politics,” but that sort of misses the point, as does Pavlich’s characterization of what Robert wrote as “a sick sexual fantasy.” Rape is an act of violence, not sexual fantasy. If Pavlich had instead written that that’s why women carry mace in their pocketbooks, she might have been on to something.
Try to imagine in the meantime that a conservative gave utterance to a perverse act of sexual fantasy involving a female of the liberal persuasion. Picture the response from the The Huffington Post, which has been mute so far on Robert’s tweet.
- ‘Waiting to Exhale’ writer: If I ever run into Sarah Palin, ‘I might smack her’
- Top Democrat: Sen. Ted Cruz not a real Hispanic due to his conservative politics
- One of Al Gore’s political stooges tells why Paul Ryan ‘likes fetuses so much’
- Bill Maher turns story of man who killed himself over Obama win into crass joke
- Lib talking head who backed impeaching Bush calls secessionists ‘traitors’
- Bill Maher aghast over Jan Brewer’s ‘unprecedented disrespect’ for president
- Civility alert: Waxman calls GOP ‘terrorists’; break Jan Brewer’s finger off
- Liberals rejoice over death of Andrew Breitbart
- If it’s Tuesday, the Republicans must be racist
- Bill Maher hits new low in Palin attack: Calls her “c”-word
- Bill Maher weighs in on the man with “the thinnest résumé for president” (Video)
- Tracy Morgan on TNT: “Sarah Palin is good masturbation material” (Video)
- Giddy libs rejoice over Biden’s noisy debate performance
- Touré tweets ‘get your abortions NOW in case the Republicans win’