HubSpot and Marketo are both marketing automation software solutions. Their marketing automation services include: lead capturing, email nurturing, data collection, lead scoring, workflow processes, email/website activity tracking, and more.
Both Marketo and HubSpot are also considered to be industry leaders within the marketing automation software niche. So, how do you evaluate the infamous Marketo VS HubSpot question? Here are a few basic pros and cons of both to help you decide.
Cons of Marketo and HubSpot
It may be traditionally backwards to start with the cons. But, since both have so many positive benefits, let’s start with the disadvantages of Marketo and HubSpot.
- Integrations can be pretty complicated.
- Receives “poor” rating for customer service.
- Cost of services too expensive for most entrepreneurs, small businesses and start-ups.
- Not enough flexibility for small to mid-sized companies to grow into effectively.
- Not efficient for advanced developers due to lack of customization options.
- Lacking when it comes to advanced tools. However, can easily find HubSpot Marketplace apps or external tools for advanced tasks.
- Receives “average/poor” rating as a standalone CRM solution. But, HubSpot’s CRM is easily integrated with their preferred partner, SalesForce.com or just about any other major player.
Pros of Marketo and HubSpot
Whew. The negative part is out of the way. Now, let’s get to the good stuff. Here are some of the positive advantages of HubSpot and Marketo.
- Features a variety of templates for creating landing pages with features like progressive profiling for effective data collection and simple to integrate A/B testing.
- Use a countless amount of criteria for lead scoring.
- No HTML skills required in order to create high-quality emails which can be based on a sets of steps, timing or actions.
- Valuable performance reports for marketing campaigns, email, web activity, landing pages and ROI.
- Share, engage and promote using social media network features, integration and capabilities.
- Allows CRM integration with Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce for coordinated data entry from sales input and marketing data.
- Social Inbox, email and numerous other tools “top of the funnel” tools.
- Email auto responders and time interval functions for lead scoring and work flow management.
- Features a new content optimization system (COS) that’s mobile-friendly and design-friendly and focuses on managing context as well as content.
- Performance reports for marketing campaigns, web activity, landing pages, email marketing and revenue tracking.
- Integrates well with various analytical software, including Google Analytics, and presents data in human-friendly format.
- Google AdWords, Google Analytics and most other analytical programs are easy to integrate with HubSpot.
- Simple to use social media, content management system (CMS) and search engine optimization (SEO) tools specifically beneficial for small to mid-sized companies with small staff.
Marketo VS HubSpot Target Markets
The pricing of HubSpot and Marketo is essential to explaining who the target market is for each of these marketing automation software companies. Let’s check it out.
Marketo’s Target Market
Marketo has various program pricing tiers, ranging from $895 to $3,195 per month. That means that your company must have a serious marketing budget to utilize the services of Marketo. The more contacts you add to your CRM database, the more it costs, based on pricing tiers.
Marketo’s mid-level plan is targeted towards companies with up to 10,000 contacts, and runs almost $1,800 per month. So, basically, Marketo’s target market is larger companies with large marketing budgets.
HubSpot’s Target Market
HubSpot also provides its customers with multiple program tiers to choose from, ranging from $200 to $2,400 per month. HubSpot also charges based on tiers, with higher tiers costing more based on the number of contacts you import. That means that your bill will continue to grow as your business does.
This seems to be a more affordable choice for entrepreneurs and small businesses looking for entry-level pricing plans. Not only does HubSpot make getting started more affordable, there are plans for any sized business, all the way up to large enterprises.
HubSpot’s target market is any business looking for a marketing automation software company that will help them grow. HubSpot’s mid-level plan is targeted towards companies with 1,000 contacts, and runs only $800 per month.
HubSpot and Marketo Tools
The bottom line is that both HubSpot and Marketo are simply tools. And, just like a hammer and nails, these tools are useless if you don’t actually use them. So, no matter which you choose, Marketo VS HubSpot, you’ll need to get up off that workbench and put the tools to use. Make sure you use the marketing automation software solutions effectively in order to increase your company’s ROI today.
HubSpot offers customers a complete marketing platform solution, from various marketing automation functionalities to effective demand generation capabilities. This gives users the ability to generate qualified leads, nurture leads and convert them into sales.
How do you make sure that your website is prepared for lead generation? Share your lead generation tips and tricks today.