Hoping Lake Toho would take them all the way to heaven, the strikes had to keep coming on the final day of the big time event the 2013 Bassmaster Southern Open. The lake is one-third of maidencane grass and bullrush reeds, add the lilypads and these areas should make some big bass fishing. Beautiful Toho is a well taken care of fishery. The Central Florida Sports Commission works hard, the fish have a nice canopy to swim around under. Who’s line is it anyway? Who’s going to take home the New Skeeter Yamaha Bass Boat Combo?
The bass boys are back in town
Day 1 Daniel Lanier 9-11,
Day 3 Robert Grossco 8-12
Day 3 Daniel Lanier 7-10
The next two Southern Opens will take place
Lake Douglas, Tennessee
Lake Logan Martin, Alabama
Bassmaster Classic on Grand Lake Oklahoma February 22-24, 2013
The top 12 anglers carried on in the tournament series today in the order they weighed in:
12. Bradley Jones caught ten fish today for a stringer weighing 10-12 and his final total 38-0.
11. Chad Morgenthaler came to the weigh-in with 17-13, today’s 18-10 and final total 45-15.
10. Todd Auten came to the weigh-in with 27-11, caught 9-12 today, final total 37-7.
9. Glenn Browne came to the weigh-in with 14-9, caught 7-1 today and his final weight 34-14.
8. Derek Remitz came to the weigh-in with 16-12, caught 7-1 and his final total 36-5.
7. Jordan Card came to the weigh-in with 28-12, today he fished 10-5 with a final total 39-1.
6. Daniel Lanier came to the weigh in with 16-12 and 47-2.
5. David Walker came to the weigh-in with 30-12, fished 5-8 today and his final weight 36-5.
4. Trevor Fitzgerald (fitzgeraldrods.com) came to the weigh-in with 31-5, today 7-8, and 38-13 for the final.
3. Brandon Lester had 31-9 yesterday, he caught 15-1 today, and his final tournament weight 46-10.
2. Tracey Adams had 31-10 yesterday, today he caught 4-8, and his final Southern Open weight 36-2.
1. Richard Howes had 32-8 yesterday, today he caught 14-10, and his total is tied 47-2 with Daniel Lanier for first place.
They can’t split the Skeeter boat of the cash according to the Bassmaster Rules, they have to have a “fish off.” That’s right they are going back to Lake Toho on Sunday before the Super Bowl get started, everything will be over before the Super Bowl gets started and have a fish off between Richard Howes and Daniel Lanier. Fans show your support and show up at the lake.
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Fishing Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner.