When Zappos started critics said shoes would never be able to be sold over the internet. But after only a few short years the company was purchased by Amazon.com in a deal valued at more than $1.2 billion. This was not a chance happening – it was the result of a culture of success that permeated the entire organization. Here are just some of the cultural deviations to the traditional corporate culture:
- Pay brand-new employees $2,000 to quit
- Make customer service the responsibility of the entire company-not just a department
- Focus on company culture as the #1 priority
- Apply research from the science of happiness to running a business
- Help employees grow-both personally and professionally
- Seek to change the world
Not focusing on sales, profits or quality? Yes, it was the culture at Zappos that if the corporate culture was correct that sales, profits and quality would automatically occur. And their vision was correct as the company quickly surpassed the one billion dollar mark for annual revenue.
This phenomenal story has been captured in the best-selling book, Delivering Happiness by Zappos CEO Tony Hseih.
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Additional workplace culture resources
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Leading workplace culture books
- Performance Culture provides a simplified approach to create a company culture that has proven to work
- The Great Workplace shows how to build and keep a great workplace and the benefits of doing so.
- Change the Culture, Change the Game offers a breakthrough strategy for energizing an organization and creating accountability for top results.