Join us for a FREE 3-part parent discussion on how your teen can have more academic success with less stress.
Learn how becoming self-aware of their mindset can have a huge impact on sustaining their positive motivation, proactivity, and confidence in school.
When: Sundays, 10-11:00am, starting January 12th.
Who: Parents of Teens
Where: 1421 Santa Monica Bl, Santa Monica
Facilitated By: Certified Academic Life Coach, Hayden Lee
Week One: Recipe for Academic Success
Did you know that there are two distinct mindsets on how we see the world and one is more conducive to fostering academic and personal success? Which mindset do you have? Which one does your teenager have?
In addition to mindset, we will also explore:
- The Wheel of Life: How balanced is your teen in different areas of his life?
- Well-Designed Actions: Learn how to break big goals down into smaller, action steps within your teen’s control.
- Recipe for Academic Success: Hint…All 3 steps must be done simultaneously!
Week Two: Motivation Styles
At the heart of most students’ academic struggles lies motivation and confidence. Even if it seems like time management, procrastination, social media, and video games may be the culprits, it is the motivation to do something about it that will bring positive change.
This week, we will discuss how mindset and self-awareness play a role in:
- Motivation Styles
- Core Motivation: What really drives you?
- How can learning your Core Motivation set you free?
Week Three: Linking a Sense of Purpose & Passion to School
Keeping students engaged and motivated in school involves helping them a link a sense of purpose and relevance to their work. It is important that teens see that school is a part of something bigger. The majority of parents want their teens to attend college, but how does your teen’s mindset expand when college is seen as a part of their journey instead of the destination?
This week, we will discuss how mindset plays a role in:
- Assumptions: how your teens’ thoughts have a huge impact on their actions.
- Trademarked Values: what are your teens’ values and what does it have to do with school?
- Making Decisions: pinpointing the exact moments in time when your teen chooses to either honor or ignore their values
- Future Self: what message would their Future Self give their Present Self?
- Identifying passions
- Defining (or redefining) what success really means to you, your teen, and your family.
*Note: Space is limited to 8 participants. You can sign up for either one, or all three sessions.
Confirm your space today!
**Coming in February: A 4-week Academic Success Coaching Group for Teens. Stay tuned for more details!!