To update and modernize your existing kitchen can easily be done by updating fabric and accessories, replacing outdated appliances with modern stainless steel appliances, and updating countertops with granite or quartz. You may also want to update fixtures such as faucets, sinks and lighting.
The following steps will help you to modernize your kitchen without blowing your budget:
- make a wish list of the things that you want to update
- create a sample board of fabrics, accessories, and paint colors that you love
- choose a color scheme
- develop a budget and stick to it
- research the decorating style you want to implement by using resources from the library
- use washable paint and wallpaper
- purchase quality, energy efficient appliances
- add designer details such as a tiled mural or antique kitchenware
- install new decorative light fixtures such as wall scones
- coordinate your new kitchen with the rest of your home so it is visibly pleasing.