Are you friends with a guy you have developed feelings for? Do you think he might like you more than friends? Do you want to get out of the friend zone and into a real relationship?
Getting out of the friend zone only works if the guy was into you from the very beginning. If you are not his "type" then being more of a challenge won't make a big difference. He just won't pursue you romantically. Men know from the very beginning if you are their type and if they would ever date you. Women are the opposite (their attraction to men can grow, whereas a man's attraction to a woman is FIXED). How do you know if this man sees you more as a friend?
-He hangs around you a lot, there's always an excuse for him to be in your neighborhood or by your job. He calls you a lot, wants to go out together solo. He always stays in touch. You can't get him out of your hair! He puts down other men who you are dating. A platonic male friend will want to see you happy with another man. But a friend who has feelings for you will exhibit some jealousy at your other prospects. And finally, he will make it clear to you that he wants to be more than just friends!
There's a few actions you can take to see if he really does want more than a friendship (remember, don't "assume" he feels the same way as you do unless his actions and words say so, otherwise you could get very, very hurt) or if he's content with just being "buds."
1. Scale back on the texting and chatting. For example, instead of chatting every day, chat every other day. Chat for about 10 minutes then you gotta go! Wait 24 hours (if that's too long for you, wait a few hours) before responding to texts (and don't respond to every single text). Create some space (men love it). When you text a man and he doesn't text back right away, isn't he on your mind until you hear from him? Well you want this man to be thinking about you! You don't want to be too available. You want to exude a happy, busy, light demeanor. Men love this.
2. Instead of sharing all your thoughts or your daily itinerary, be a little more mysterious (men love this too). Don't always say what you are doing. Leave some questions unanswered. Smile instead of talking all the time. Feel the tension in the silence. It will give you clues on whether he is into you or not.
3. Look your best at all times. Pretty makeup, smooth and shiny hair, feminine clothes in your best colors, and a spritz or two of your favorite perfume.
4. If you hang out a lot together turn him down for hangouts sometimes. Tell him you'd love to, but you already have plans (if it's a last minute hang out request).
5. Let him initiate all outings.
6. Ask a trusted friend to find out if he has feelings for you. Have him/her say something casual like, "I noticed you and X have been hanging out a lot lately. Have you ever thought of something more?" Listen to his answer. Men don't usually lie about things like this.
7. Enjoy getting to know him and having fun as friends. Some of the best relationships start off as friends. And remember, if he likes you enough, he'll soon make it known. You will KNOW. Men cannot hide their true feelings for long.
Subscribe to NancyTheDatingDiva on YouTube and watch this in video here.
For more dating tips, visit http://NancyTheDatingDiva.com. Have a dating question? Subscribe to our newsletter, submit your dating question here and get dating Q&A, videos, blog posts and more sent to your inbox once a week.