Understanding oily skin:
It is vital to understand the cause behind oily skin. In simple words oily skin is a result of excessive production of sebum; an oily substance which is naturally produced by the skin. Everyone is acquainted with the fact that excess of everything is bad; in the same way excessive sebum is also bad. It marks into clogging of skin pores, which eventually leads to the accumulation of dead cells and hence formation of pimples or acne. Oily skin even spoils your looks; that’s why ‘oily skin care’ is as important as the ‘skin care’ for other types of skin.
The main aim of ‘oily skin care’ is the removal of excessive oil from the skin. For this oily skin care procedures should not lead to complete removal of oil. ‘Oily skin care’ starts with the use of a cleanser. Most of the oily skin care products are oil-free even though it is always advisable to check the ingredients of the product, before purchasing it. This is important if a particular product is marked as ‘suitable for all skin types’ instead of ‘oily skin care products’. Oily skin care relies on the degree of oiliness, if you are not too oily, then these ‘suitable for all’type of products might work for you. For an extremely oily skin, only and only oily skin care products are suitable. Excessive toning tends to harm oily skin.
How to take care of oily skin?
If you have oily skin then Congratulations! This means that your skin will be able to fight the signs of age longer than your dry or normal skinned mates.
Though Oily skin does not come without problems. Cleanse it, Wash it, keep a watch on your skin all the time and still keep dreaming of the perfect skin. It may not reach a normal, low-maintenance skin type, but a lot can happen with the correct treatment. Try treating oily skin in a natural way to keep it youthful and beautiful forever. Here are some guidelines for you.
1. Try Keeping your skin clean: Cleanse your skin every morning, with a cleanser if needed and once in the evening. Too much washing just boosts the oiliness even more. Try to keep your skin clean. Dirt and grime can cause pores to clog and give acne a base.
2. Toning: Use a toner regularly on the skin to close pores after cleansing. The heat of a summer day and warm water you used to wash the skin openes the pores even more wider allowing more oil to flow out. During morning, use a toner to close the pores. A wonderful tip for the summer days for a cool feeling; store it in the ice box.
3. Moisturizing: Apply a moisturizer after thorough washing and cleansing. Avoid moisturizers with mineral oil it only clogs the pores. No need to shy away from natural oils. Avocado oil is great for all skin types, it not only moisturizes the skin but doesn’t even leave it oily. An efficientt skin cream will help the skin to stay beautiful and look younger.
4. Stay away from acne creams and lotions: They have a strong drying effect on the skin that usually causes even more oil to be expelled. Many of them will be alcohol based, which dries the skin on the surface and leave the pores full of oil. At the end you may even get acne along with flakey skin! So, It is better to avoid alcohol in skin care products.
5. A better tip is to use an all-natural cleansing mask once every two weeks to deep clean the skin. Search for one with kaolin clay and active Manuka honey; two wonderful ingredients that works wonders on your skin!
6.You could even use a clay mask (once in a week) as an oily skin care measure.