Braids have been become a look of elegance and of boho chic and no longer a style found just on the school playground. With its classic yet with it’s grown up appeal braids never seem to go out of style. Just check out Valentino’s collection on the Paris Fashion Week runway show. The models on the runway sported side braids that played up to its girlish charm. And although some runway fashions are hard to replicate this one is super easy to copy and a super chic look for this spring.
- Apply Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow dry lotion to damp hair from roots to ends and blow-dry straight with a boar bristle brush.
- Create a clean center part, and then use a fine tooth comb to brush hair to one side (the side that the braid will fall on- in the show it was the models’ left) from the back (so center part stays intact).
- Tuck the side of the hair you will braid behind the ear and then rub a small amount of satinwear 02 into your hands to help you as you start to braid, beginning a few inches down from the neck, keeping your wrists and elbows low as you go.
- Create a braid that’s smooth but not too tight, and secure with an elastic at the tip, leaving only an inch or two unbraided at the end.
- Put a few drops of NEW Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine (available starting May 1) on your hands, rub together to emulsify, and lightly run your hands over the hair on either side.
- Slide the leather band over the head so that it rests 2-3 inches back from the forehead and covers the front of the ears.
- Mist with Redken fashion work 12 versatile working spray to finish.
All the above Redken products can be purchased at Redken dealers in Evansville, IN like Vision 3 Inc. located at 104 S.E. 4th St in Evansville, IN.
Your comments are greatly appreciated! Leave one below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow me on:
Blog: XOXO, Christia
Don’t forget to subscribe for the latest in fashion, beauty and party planning in Evansville, IN!
All written work and pictures unless otherwise stated are property of Christia M. Torres and may not be used without permission.