Definition of allergy - When the body is very sensitive to something (an allergen) that is taken by mouth, breathed into the lungs, or absorbed by the skin.
Type of allergic reactions; some of the things that may cause an allergic reaction in the body include:
- House dust and molds
- Chemicals (soap, lotions, house cleaners)
- Trees, weeds, flowers, grass, and pollens
- Insect stings and bites
- Some medications
- Animal hair, fur, feathers, rugs
- Some foods (wheat, rice, eggs, milk and other milk products)
- Poison ivy and poison oak
Common allergies - The most common allergies affect the respiratory passages and the skin, although other areas such as the digestive tract, nervous system, joints, kidneys and blood vessels can be affected.
- Sneezing, stuffy nose
- Head congestion
- Sore, dry, and itchy throat
- Coughing, shortness of breath, or wheezing
- Watery, itchy, puffy, red eyes
- Rashes including hives, swelling, or red bumps on the skin
- Other symptoms can be diarrhea, vomiting, chills, fever, headache, gas, stomach pain, or nausea.
Hay fever effects - is most common in the spring and fall seasons because of pollens in the air during this time of year. Most times allergies or hay fever can begin during childhood. People of any age can get allergies or hay fever in their life. Hay fever symptoms include:
- Watery eyes
- Stuffy nose and sinuses
- Runny nose
If you are not successful in how to reduce allergy symptoms, visit a doctor to treat the symptoms of allergies or hay fever. If allergic reactions are caused by an insect bite visit a doctor immediately.
Finally, Another way to help reduce allergy symptoms is eating a proper amount of fruit daily. Eating 3-5 fruits a day can help build up your immune system, because fruit contain vitamin-C. This will assist with fighting against colds, flu, and allergy symptoms.
My other article - High Nutrition Fruit http://hubpages.com/hub/Fruitalicious
© Sabrina A.K.