Intro: Reluctant to learn how to steam asparagus, because it seems like such a plain dish? Well, when you learned how to make this steamed asparagus in white wine, you may change your mind. This asparagus recipe is made all the better when it's topped with an easy hollandaise sauce recipe, which you can learn to make as well. This is a lovely spring recipe that allows you to enjoy one of the most popular spring vegetables around.
Want to Know how to Cook Asparagus Other Ways? Read These Recipes
What You'll Need for the Steamed Asparagus
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Olive oil
- 1/4 c. of white wine
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- Fresh pepper
- Sea salt
- White pepper
Instructions for How to Steam Asparagus in White Wine:
- Wash the asparagus for the steamed asparagus. Be sure to trim off the ends so that you don't get the woody part in your recipe.
- In a deep skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and drop the asparagus in. You're going to start in the oil and steam it in a bit.
- Add in the sugar plus the salt, pepper and white pepper. Add the seasonings for the steamed asparagus according to your tastes.
- Pour in the white wine. Cover it with the lid. Allow this to steam for a couple of minutes. Steaming asparagus this way seals the lovely white wine flavors into the steamed asparagus.
- Serve up the asparagus on a pretty plate and add the hollandaise sauce recipe to the top.
Sources: eHow videos
Easy Hollandaise Recipe for the Steamed Asparagus
To learn how to make an easy hollandaise sauce, watch the video at the top of the screen. It's a really easy tutorial that makes a great tasting sauce for steamed asparagus. Watching the video should put your mind at ease if you're concerned about making hollandaise sauce for your steamed asparagus recipe.
Here's a list of the ingredients for the recipe for hollandaise sauce.