Do you find yourself longing for longer and thicker hair? If the answer is yes, then you are in luck. Nowadays everyone is looking for quick, safe and effective ways to speed up hair growth. With its popularity, there have been many developments of different kinds of techniques to fulfill a more vibrant and longer head of locks. By reading this article, you could find out how to speed up hair growth with 5 of the best tips ever.
What should you know about hair growth?
Before we get started with the methods you could try out to speed up your hair growth, it is best to have a brief summary about how hair grows. Hair growth actually follows a certain hair cycle that contains three specific and concurrent simultaneous phases: the anagen, catagen and the telogen phases. Every stage is quite different from one another because they have certain characteristics that determine a person’s hair length. All of the three stages of hair growth happen at the same time. What makes it all really interesting is that as one hair strand is in the anagen phase, for example, the other strands may be in the catagen or telogen phase.
Hair strands grow at approximately 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches every month. On average, the hair strands grow at an estimated 15 centimeters or 6 inches every year. These numbers may not be the same for all individuals because of certain lifestyle factors that may affect it. Some of those factors may be a person’s nutritional intake, if they exercise or not, their age, illnesses and many more.
What are the 5 best tips to speed up hair growth?
If you are interested in learning about how to grow hair faster, you may have used different types of products just to reach your goal. However, you find yourself back to square one and not getting the results that you were looking for. The following is a list of the 5 best tips for boosting up your hair growth:
1. Focus on eating fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and fish: Have you ever heard of the term “You are what you eat?” This also comes into play with how fast your hair grows. Although you may think that hair growth and a person’s diet may be unrelated to one another, you should really think again. Your diet could play a major role in benefiting and improving how fast your hair grows. Take note that hair is made out of protein. That means that you should increase your protein intake and eat only the freshest fruits and vegetables to get the most vitamins and minerals from it. Since we are talking about your intake, make sure that you hydrate every single day with at least 8 glasses of water or more. The reason for that is because your hair is also made out of water. *Besides eating fresh bananas, you could also try a banana hair mask as seen at viralcreek.com which could give your locks an extra boost.
2. Take supplemental vitamins and minerals: Sometimes even if you are loading up on a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you still might not be getting adequate amounts of the vitamins and minerals that you need. Try taking iron and zinc in supplemental forms to speed up your hair growth. Iron plays a major role in delivering oxygen to your cells which is important for your hair follicles. Zinc is another mineral that you could also start taking. It helps in the repair of bodily tissues and makes sure that your oil glands around your hair follicles are functioning in the proper ways.
3. Prevent styling your hair: If you cannot leave the house without having your hair styled in some way, then you might want to change that habit. Excessively styling your hair could prevent hair growth because products that you might put in such as mousses, gels and waxes contain certain chemicals and cleaners that may thin your hair. Using heat on your strands such as curling irons and straighteners could also cause damage to your hairs layers, which could inhibit a boost in hair growth. This also goes for frequently bleaching and coloring of hair.
4. Try brushing your hair carefully: Are you the type of person to brush your hair intensely because of the knots all throughout? If that is something that you do then that is another habit that you should break. Brushing your hair too many times within the day ad roughly could pull out hairs right from your scalp. Try combing your hair when it is dry and not wet. Wet hair makes the strands much more vulnerable.
5. Maintain a healthy lifestyle:This is probably the best tip that you could try out. Your body is basically a finely-tuned machine. With that being said, it needs to sleep, eat right, exercise and maintain low stress levels to help it recover and promote overall health. Treat your body right and pay attention to what it needs. Try to maintain equilibrium of everything in your life so that your body does not suffer from the consequences. By treating your body right, you will notice not only faster hair growth, but also a healthier body, both inside and out.
Speeding up your hair growth is not hard at all. It just takes proper guidance and understanding of what your body really needs. The start to boosting up the speed of your hair growth is to pay attention to what is damaging your locks. Try to eliminate those activities and replace them with healthy habits instead.