Tired of looking in the mirror and seeing large, unsightly pores staring back at you? Here are a few tips to help you shrink them, or at least look like you have:
- Exfoliate. Dead skin cells can collect in your pores stretching them out and making them appear larger. Get rid of excess dead skin by exfoliating and you’ll start noticing smoother skin almost immediately. One of the easiest and least expensive ways to exfoliate is also the most natural. Gently scrub with a nubby washcloth and warm water. It almost sounds too simple to work, but it does a great job.
- Try pore minimizing products. Look for products with hyaluronic acid and toluene. Even though these ingredients don’t actually reduce the size of pores, they help keep them clear of oil and debris to give the appearance of smaller pores.
- Dry up. Excessive oiliness can fill pores with oil that stretches the pores and makes them more visible. Try using blotting paper throughout the day to absorb excess oil. If you're over the age of 40, be sure to check that your blotting papers don’t contain an excessive amount of powder which can accentuate wrinkles and fine lines on mature skin.
- Consult a pro. Getting regular facials can help keep pores clean by removing blackheads and whiteheads which clog pores. When pores are clear of dirt and debris, they’ll appear smaller.
- Cool it. Pores shrink when exposed to cool temperatures. After cleansing your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser, as a final step, rinse with cold water to tighten pores and help keep them clear and clean.
Looking for a great facial --at a great price -- in the Tampa Bay area? Check out Merle Norman Cosmetic Studio located at 100 Indian Rocks Road N. in Belleiar Bluffs. For the entire month of October they are offering a one-hour European facial for only $60. Don't have that much time to splurge on yourself, try the "express facial" for just $30. Call 727-581-2592 for questions or to schedule your appointment.