With recent news that Verizon was told by the FCC that they can longer charge for tether service is only a good thing for consumers. Up until a few months ago Verizon and others had charged customers an extra $20-$40 a month just to connect to a service they already paid for.
So, for those that would like to know how to set up their own personal Hotspot, follow along in the video.
Keep in mind that it is recommended that you have an unlimited data service in some form or you could be charged for overages. Also, overages depend on your network provider. With that said...let's get started.
- First Start by locating the settings button
- Next, select the Tethering and portable hotspot
- Set up a hotspot by entering in a SSID
- Choose WPA2
- then a password and hit save
- Next check the Portable WiFi hotspot and connect
- Once connected you can start surfing the web from your other device once you set up the network ID on that device
Have a look at the video for a quick guide...