In a recent article published on LinkedIn by Yuhannes Watts titled Do this 1 thing on LinkedIn to get more sales there is an excellent case study. Watts shares how to LinkedIn contacts are now bringing in over $130,000 in annual revenue. He credits the use of LinkedIn and landing this business because the competitive bid failed to connect on a social media. This allowed him to build a relationship while his competitor was dependent strictly on selling via the lowest bid.
Although this is a great strategy, it can backfire on you when you try to connect to somebody at the beginning of the sales process. Remember, many (if not most) people do not like salespeople and they could see you as a stalker. It is much better to start the relationship and then ask verbally if the other person uses LinkedIn and if they do with it be appropriate to connect.
Salespeople need to regard LinkedIn as a relationship building tool – not a sales tool. The best way to increase your sales on LinkedIn is to stop trying to sell on LinkedIn. Instead, use it as a tool as Watts does, to set yourself up as the expert in your particular business sector. In doing so you will find a people come to you instead of you trying to go to them.
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
Additional Cultural Resources
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Marketing by the numbers
- 10 Marketing Secrets All Business Owners Must Know that coaches and marketing experts wo not tell you!
- 15 Marketing Trends In 2013, and how your business can use them.
- 57 Hot Business Marketing Strategies: offline and online marketing techniques, tips and tricks from successful entrepreneurs
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: essential advice, hints and strategy for business about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and more!