Intro: Learning how to roast asparagus brings one of the best spring vegetables to your table. This recipe for roasted asparagus Parmesan is delicious, simple and oh so tasty! It's a quick dish that you can serve with a variety of dishes.
If you're viewing this recipe on your SmartPhone, you may find it easier to watch the video tutorial than to read the print.
Recipe for Oven Roasted Asparagus Parmesan
- 1 lb of asparagus
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- Lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grated Parmesan
- Grated Romano (optional)
- Sliced garlic cloves (optional)
- Fresh grated sea salt
- Black pepper
- White pepper
- Parchment paper
Instructions for the Roasted Asparagus Parmesan:
- Set your oven at 390 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus. You'll probably have to trim off at least an inch or so.
- Spread the asparagus out on the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the fresh asparagus with the olive oil.
- Cut the lemon and then squeeze the juice onto the asparagus for the roasted asparagus Parmesan recipe.
- Add the sliced garlic cloves if you're using this ingredient.
- Bake the asparagus for about 10 minutes. It should become tender and turn slightly brown.
- Put the asparagus into a serving dish.
- Season it with the salt, pepper and white pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Add the grated Parmesan and Romano if you're adding the second cheese to your recipe for roasted asparagus Parmesan.
Asparagus Quick Notes: How Long to Roast Asparagus?
Usually, 10 minutes (max) is all it takes to roast your asparagus. Six to eight minutes is even better.
Although this vegetable makes your spring dinner recipes taste delish, it's really a super food that's super good for you. According to the How Stuff Works website, asparagus contains vitamins A and C. It also contains "glutathione, an important anti-carcinogen." And
It is also an excellent source of potassium, fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, and is one of the richest sources of rutin, a compound which strengthens capillary walls.
Do you have a favorite roasted asparagus recipe? Leave your ideas in the comments below.