December 10, 2013
You will need:
- Remove the two nuts securing the coolant overflow reservoir using a 10 mm socket.
- Remove the reservoir and set it out of the way.
- Put a 3/8” drive breaker bar in the square hole in the tensioner.
- Turn the bar clockwise to release the belt and slip the belt off of the alternator pulley.
- Remove the bolt from the tensioner using a 15 mm socket, and remove the tensioner.
- Line up the bolt and the lineup pin on the replacement tensioner to the block.
- Install the bolt and tighten it to 37 foot-pounds with a torque wrench.
- Turn the tensioner clockwise and slip the belt over the alternator pulley. If you are replacing the belt also, see the routing diagram.
- Install the coolant reservoir.