After a recent Facebook app update on Android, Facebook icons may now display as ongoing notifications on your phone. This means that an icon will appear on the notification bar as well as in the Ongoing section of the notification drop-down.
There are two simple ways to remove these ongoing notification icons if you prefer they not display in either of those areas.
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android phone.
2. Click the menu button.
3. Click on Settings.
4. Scroll to Advanced Notification Settings.
5. For Ongoing Notifications, uncheck the check box.
6. The change should take effect immediately.
1. Open the notification drop-down on your Android phone.
2. In the Facebook section to the far right is an “x”. Click the “x”.
3. The Advanced Notification Settings for Facebook should then open.
4. For Ongoing Notifications, uncheck the check box.
5. The change should take effect immediately.
If you would like to put the icons and ongoing notification back, simply follow the steps in Option 1 and check the check box in step 5.
Note: These steps were performed on a Galaxy SIII.