If you frequently feel anxious here are some tips that are sure to make you feel better.
- Stop the negative thinking look for the positives.
- Don't set yourself up for failure by overwhelming yourself with too much to do in a short period of time.
- Break large tasks up in smaller more manageable steps.
- Develop realistic goals and write a plan for reaching them.
- Make time for yourself, do something healthy that you enjoy daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Don't be a black and white thinker, think of other possibilities be flexible there is more than one way to accomplish a task.
- Talk about your feelings with someone you trust.
- Communicate your wants and needs to others, no one is a mind reader you must ask for what you want.
- Start a daily journal and write about your feelings positive or negative.
- Surround yourself with positive people and avoid negative influence
- Take care of yourself first. This is not selfish it is necessary. If you are not healthy physically and emotionally you are unable to help others.
- Get at least seven or eight hours of sleep nightly.
- Develop good nutrition.
- When feeling overly stressed distract yourself by doing something fun or relaxing. Deep breathing is also helpful.
- Regular exercise will do wonders for reducing your stress level.
Think of yourself as a picture of water. You are filling up everyone glass with water and then suddenly the picture of water is empty. There are several more people waiting for the water. In order to provide everyone that wants the water you must first replenish the empty picture with more water. We all need to replenish ourselves just like the picture of water.
The way we replenish ourselves is by taking care of ourselves on a daily basis.