If You Are Newly Eligible Or Have Just Never Registered To Vote
If you just turned eighteen, or if you are over eighteen and have never before registered, the process is very simple if you meet the eligibility requirements. This article will provide the parameters and the method if you reside in the County of Nassau in New York State.
The Requirements (courtesy of the Nassau County Board of Elections)
- 18 years or older by December 31st of the year in which you register
- United States citizen
- Live at current address for at least 30 days before an election
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
How and Where To Register to Vote (courtesy of the Nassau County Board of Elections)
- Register in person at the Nassau County Board of Elections
- or at any New York State Agency based voter registration center
- or call 1-800-FOR-VOTE to request a voter application
A PDF version of the New York State voter registration form can be downloaded and mailed to:
Nassau County Board of Elections 240 Old Country Road (5th floor) Mineola, New York 11501-4800
Exercise Your Right To Vote
Part of what makes our country great is the fact that we each have a say in the representation that we receive. It is critically important that all of those eligible take advantage of the opportunity to make our voices heard!