Before joining an organization, it is very important to know about the group of individuals you are teaming with. If you take the information in this article serious, it will help you save a lot of time, energy, and money. There are so many dysfunctional and unorganized organizations, if you are not willing to do your homework before partnering or supporting a group, you will be headed for a lot of misery and unfulfilled projects. To avoid these types of organizations, ask questions and be conscious about the following signs below.
1) If the rhetoric of an organization is full of profanity and hate.
2) If an organization has no programs which promote their initiatives, which educates and trains the people they are reaching out to.
3) If an organization uses a lot of rhetoric about what needs to be done, but has no clear process as to how things will be done, and how things will operate (the transition) once the change has occurred.
4) If the actions of an organization are contradictory to the mission statement
5) If an organization is unwilling to be transparent about money trails, spending, and project budgeting, and only talks about the need for money to solve in-house problems. Not having answers for how current problems occurred, and how they will be avoided again moving forward.
6) If members within an organization support different leaders, or are split and undecided on core principals, practices, and processes of the organization.
7) If there is no measurable progress and growth of an organization, after years of its existence.
8) If members of an organization have no knowledge of the organizations history and the process in which the organization operates.
9) If members of an organization do not communicate with each other, support each other, and assist each other.
10) If leaders of an organization are the only ones reaping benefits, and no opportunities are being created and established for the other members.
11) If an organization has no established code of conduct within its leadership, or among its members.