A multitude of products have been on sale to stop people from smoking. Nicorette gum or lozenges, nicoderm patches, and prescribed anti-depressants pills. Still, smoking remains an issue for many individuals. A lot of people trying to quit have tried most of the recommended products; without success.
At a glance.
Conventional medical authority and pharmacological companies.
What are the products on the market to stop smoking?
- Nicotine replacement therapy: nicotine gum or patches.
In 2008, the U.S. department of health and human services recommended using nicotine gum or patches. Both products are manufactured by the big pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline.
Cost: nicoderm CQ is available for $39.99
- GlaxoSmithKline came up with another treatment. The drug is one of the most frequently prescribed antidepressants in the United States: Wellbutrin known also as Budeprion, Prexaton, Elontril, Aplenzin, or other trade names.
Side effects are too many too be cited. psychiatric syndromes, suicide, as well as hepatitis are often cited, Stevens Johnson syndrome, urinary retention, myalgia, arthralgia, Parkinson and blood glucose disturbances have been recorded.
- Another conventional treatment has been the prescription of varenicline; known also as Chantix. It is manufactured by Pfizer pharmaceutical company.
Side effects can be dangerous and may lead to heart and blood problems. Many instances of psychiatric symptoms and suicide. http://www.chantix.com/index.aspx
Obviously, smoking is not to be recommended due to its addictive and other effects.
- Unbearable problem: smoking.
- Is e-cigarette, the best alternative to quit the habit?