Look at dat little face. Just look at it! Those big, sad-looking eyes just make you want to smash something out of cute overload, don't they?
Unfortunately, panda eyes only work on pandas. And raccoons. Did you know that pandas are more closely related to raccoons than they are to bears? But I digress. Unless you are Ke$ha or an Olsen twin, panda eyes are probably a look you want to prevent. Here are a few easy ways to avoid looking like Betelgeuse by the end of the day:
2. Prime! Prime prime prime! SmashBox's Photo Finish is worth every penny. Make sure to get under your eyes, and don't forget the lids (for which Urban Decay's Primer Potion really is all it's cracked up to be, though MAC's paint pots in neutral tones like "Chilled On Ice" are equally as good and work on their own as shadows too)!
3. After applying foundation and under-eye concealer, set with a translucent powder- close your eyes and get your eyelids and under-eyes, too!
4. Dark, powdery eyeshadows are the enemy. Prevent them from falling to your cheeks by holding a kleenex (or, if you want to be fancy, using Shadow Shields) to catch the debris.
5. Water-proof your make-up! Use waterproof liner, especially on your waterline, and always use waterproof mascara on your lower lashes! To double and triple waterproof it, use a setting spray- Ben Nye's Final Seal is used on Broadway and by drag queens, so you know it means business.
6. STOP RUBBING YOUR EYES. NOPE. DON'T DO IT. STOP IT. It's not good for you anyway.
7. These are your new best friend. Toss them in your bag for an easy, immediate fix throughout the day!
And that's all you need to do! Unless heroin chic comes back. Then all bets are off.