Is your favorite bar or restaurant not doing it for you anymore? That mom and pop unfortunately succumbed to the world of corporate restaurants? Do not fear, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Finding your new hot spot is only a few clicks away. Down here in the North Shore it seems like there is a new restaurant popping up daily. Now is the time to choose your new favorite.
What do you expect from your favorite restaurant? Here is a tip: If you walk into the place and the servers and or hostesses are all hanging at the host desk, this might not be the place to make you a regular. This shows that the team is not being attentive enough to anyone else and will they really make you want to come back again and again? Of course there are many other clues that may make your new regular spot, lets say, not so regular. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Dirty Restrooms/ non attended bathrooms-There is a difference. Is the bathroom just plain dirty and un kept, or is there paper all over the floor? If there is paper towel on the floor I wouldn’t worry too much. If there are no paper towels or toilet paper in the dispensers, then worry. This shows inattention.
- Servers that call you honey or buddy. Rude in my eyes.
- Warm beer glasses. Beer should be cold and in a cold glass.
- Television that are not showing sports. This typically means the staff has control of the televisions. I do not want to watch court TV when at a restaurant.
- If you’re paying over $10 bucks for a burger, you should not make this your regular haunt. Pricing is reflective of the amount of time they want you in the building. If there are bar specials or other specials, you might want to stay, but look for a place where your money can stretch and so can you, at your new regular place.