Intro: Learning how to make stir fry chicken isn't difficult. You need only include some fresh sliced veggies, excellent cuts of chicken, and in this case, some fried wonton strips, to create a chicken recipe that's easy and quick. Additionally, this recipe is so adaptable, that you can easily make it into a beef or pork stir fry, allowing you to adapt it to what your family prefers.
Other Easy, Quick Chicken Recipes:
- How to make chicken and wild rice soup in the Dutch oven
- Mediterranean chicken breasts stuffed with hummus—tasty as appetizers or as dinner
- Winter dinner ideas: White bean and chicken chili recipe & other comfort food
- Follow me on Twitter or Pinterest. Or Subscribe to this column to get FREE automatic updates. I never sell your information.
How to Make Stir Fry Chicken: Recipe Tips
- This recipe calls for a pound of meat. You can make it a pound of chicken, pork or even beef, depending on your preference. It's an especially good recipe if you have tiny bits of meat you need to use up.
- This tastes great as a chicken/ pork stir fry or a chicken/ beef stir fry recipe, meaning that as long as you have a total pound of meat, you can mix and match.
- This is a spicy stir fry chicken recipe. It has jalapeño peppers, so be aware of this if you serve it to children.
Easy, Quick Chicken Recipes: How to Make Stir Fry Chicken With Crunch Wontons
- 16 square wonton wrappers
- 1 seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 peeled medium carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb chicken, skinless, sliced in thin pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 c. trimmed snow peas
- 3 green onions, cut into 1?-in. (4-cm) pieces
- ½ c. Korean BBQ Sauce
- ¼ c. apple jelly
- Additional sliced green onion for garnish (optional)
Instructions for the Stir Fry Chicken Recipe:
- Stack the wontons. Cut them, making 1/4-inch strips. Pull the strips apart.
- Spritz them with Canola oil. If you're unsure how to do this, place this in a bowl and use a kitchen spritzer. Toss the wontons with wooden spoon.
- Put the strips into the microwave and cook them for 3 or 4 minutes on high. They should become brown eventually. Stop every minute and stir the wontons.
- Cool the wonton strips on parchment paper.
- Chop up the jalapeño. You want the jalapeño coarsely chopped. Using a chopper makes it easier.
- Cut carrots. You'll cut them lengthwise into quarters. You'll then cut them into 3rds crosswise.
- Prep the bell pepper by cutting off the top and then scooping the pepper seeds from the center.
- Cut the onions and peppers into wedges. Cut the onion wedges again, crosswise and in half. Use a veggie wedger for an easier time with the onions.
- Slice the chicken or pork into strips.
- Put the garlic through the garlic press and then mix the meat and the garlic in a small bowl.
- Heat up one tablespoon of the oil in a skillet. Should take from one to three minutes before it's ready.
- Cook chicken or pork for the stir fry recipe until it's browned. Don't stir until it becomes browned. Then stir it and cook for another minute or two. Take it out of the skillet.
- Put the rest of the oil into the skillet and then drop in the veggies to cook. You'll cook them for up to 3 minutes until they reach a crisp-tender stage.
- Add in the chicken, pork or beef.
- Finally, add in the Korean BBQ Sauce and the jelly. Cook for up to 2 minutes until the ingredients are heated all the way through.
- Create a bed of wontons on each plate and serve the easy chicken stir fry recipe on top of them. Garnish with the green onion slices.
Tips for the Stir Fry Chicken Recipe:
- Makes enough for 6 people.
- Serve the chicken or pork stir fry alone as a meal or add a hot and sour soup appetizer. Watch the video at the top of the screen to learn how.
If you think someone else would like to learn how to make chicken stir fry, please share the URL link at the top of the window via social media and email. Stop by this column again for more easy, quick chicken recipes!