Add a touch of elegance to your Thanksgiving table by using pumpkin place setting cards. These place setting cards can be decorated simple or ornate, depending on your taste.
Pumpkin Place Setting Card
- Small real pumpkin
- Popsicle stick
- Satin ribbon (fall color)
- Spray glue
- Orange glitter
- Dried or silk flowers
- 2" x 3" piece of card stock paper
- Glue gun and sticks
- Black Sharpie
1. Wash and dry each pumpkin. In a well ventilated room, spray the entire pumpkin with glue. Sprinkle the entire pumpkin with the orange glitter. Place the pumpkin on a covered work area to dry. Once dry, shake the pumpkin to remove excess glitter. If there are areas that need more glitter, reapply glue and glitter.
2. Using a glue gun, make a border of glue around the name tag, then sprinkle the border with glitter. Write the name on the card. Glue the name tag to the top of the Popsicle stick. Cut a tiny slit lengthwise on the center, front of the pumpkin. Stick the Popsicle stick in the slit.
3. Tie a piece of the fall ribbon around the Popsicle stick, then tie into a bow just below the name card. Cut off excess ribbon.
4. Glue flowers around the bottom of the Popsicle stick, and top of the pumpkin.
Put a pumpkin place setting card in front of each table setting at your Thanksgiving table.
Michael's Arts and Crafts on 861 Williston Road in South Burlington, Vermont offers the supplies needed to make the pumpkin place setting cards.