Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.
And if I may add to Jim Davis's quote, I'd also add pumpkin breads to this list. Anyone who has ever made these fall bread recipes knows what I'm talking about. And among the best pumpkin bread recipes I've ever tasted, I find that the Divine Ms. S's (translation: Martha Stewart) ginger pumpkin bread as well as Rachael Ray's pumpkin chocolate chip bread are among the best I've tasted.
Other Tasty Pumpkin Recipes
- Traditional Christmas desserts: Simple and unique pumpkin pie recipes
- Pumpkin pie recipe alternatives: Flan for Thanksgiving
- Healthy breakfast cookies recipes: Oatmeal, pumpkin, ginger, fruit and nut bars
Ideas for Fall Bread Recipes: The Best Pumpkin Bread Recipes
But recently, I found a delicious pumpkin bread recipe that includes my favorite import, Nutella. For those not in the know about this jar of hazelnut deliciousness, Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that you layer generously on foods like crepes, pancakes or sweet breads.
(Or if you're me, there's no Nutella recipe required. Spooning out of the jar and into your mouth gets it into your system that fastest. But I digress.)
I happened upon a recipe for pumpkin Nutella bread and pretty much thought I'd been transported back to the German bakery, where I first discovered this brown paste of temptation. Marbled veins of Nutella spread through the moist pumpkin bread, infusing it with a rich chocolately-nutty flavor that is just plainly to-die-for.
In addition to this tasty pumpkin bread recipe, I'm including my recommendation for pumpkin bread recipes from my favorite celebrity chefs. Just consider Alton Brown, Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray and Paula Deen my spiritual team, kind of like my spirit guides for the food world.
Best Pumpkin Bread Recipes From my Favorite Celeb Chefs:
- Paula Deen's Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese combines the sweetness of pumpkin bread with the creaminess of cream cheese. Deee-lish!
- Rachael Ray's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread reminds me of my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. It brings together the naughtiness of chocolate chips with the goodness of pumpkin (you know, fiber, vitamins and all that jazz). This pretty much means that this winter bread recipe is a zero sum bread of the best kind!
- Martha Stewart's Ginger Pumpkin Bread is one of the spicier breads on this list. With brown sugar and ginger, this is almost like a gingerbread cookie on a loaf.
- Alton Brown's Pumpkin Bread recipe provides a twist on the traditional pumpkin bread by adding a cup of toasted pumpkin seeds. Mmmmm!
Winter Bread Recipe: Pumpkin Nutella Bread
- 3 1/3 c. flour
- 2 tsp Arm & Hammer baking soda
- 1 tsp Clabber Girl baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 2/3 c. white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin (get the pulp, not the pie filling)
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2/3 c. Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2/3 c. water
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Treat two of your 9-inch by 5-inch bread pans with cooking spray.
- Sift the dry ingredients of the recipe into a medium-size bowl and put aside.
- Bring together the sugar and butter in a large bowl until the mixture turns creamy.
- In the same bowl, adding the eggs. Beat each of the eggs completely into the mixture before adding the next one.
- Add in the pumpkin. Mix this thoroughly.
- Add water, then the dry ingredients. Continue to add these ingredients until they're fully mixed into the recipe.
- Take some of the pumpkin batter out of the bowl and add it to a medium-size bowl. Stir in the Nutella. You should take out about one-and-two-thirds cups of pumpkin. Make sure this gets evenly combined.
- Spoon in the batter with the Nutella and then top it with the plain pumpkin batter. Layer the two batters like this until you're out. Make swirls in the pumpkin bread with Nutella with butter knife.
- Bake the fall bread recipe for 50 minutes until you can poke an toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.