Hair is not dead, it is alive and hair likes to drink water, hair also likes to absorb all-natural ingredients. Since hair is growing from the scalp it is alive.
African American's natural hair gets dry if it's not treated with a deep conditioner at least every two weeks. Homemade deep conditioning treatments on natural hair can also help with protecting the ends of your hair; this will give you length retention. DIY (do it yourself) homemade conditioner for natural hair made in a blender is healthy for your hair, due to the authentic all-natural ingredients.
- Avocado, 1 whole
- Egg yolks, 2
- Banana, 1 whole
- Yogurt, plain
- Coconut milk, canned
- Jojoba oil
- Olive oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Peel the avocado and put the pieces of the avocado into the blender. If you don't have a blender, you can blend all the ingredients with a fork. After putting an avocado into the blender include the other ingredients also; 2 egg yolks (don't use the eggs whites), 2 table spoons of yogurt, 2 tablespoons coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of Jojoba oil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Mix all these ingredients in the blender for only 3-5 seconds.
You can now place your homemade conditioner onto your hair after shampooing the hair first. After applying the deep conditioner onto the hair, place a shower cap or a plastic bag onto the hair and leave it on for 1 or 2 hours. This conditioning process will seal the moisture into the hair shaft, which will promote longer healthier hair.
- Benefits of avocado on hair - Provides vitamin E and strengthens hair, repairs damaged hair due to perms, dyes, and dryness.
- Benefits of egg yolk on hair - Provides protein to hair follicles and supplies strength from the protein of the egg yolk, which prevents hair breakage.
- Benefits of yogurt on hair - Provides vitamin D which prevents hair loss and balding.
- Benefits of bananas on hair - Provides potassium into the hair which promotes shine and prevents spit ends.
- Benefits of coconut milk in the hair - Hydrates the hair and prevents hair loss.
- Benefits of Jojoba oil in the hair - Locks in moisture, repairs hair shaft and promote shinny hair (best oil to use in hair conditioners).
- Benefits of olive oil - Promotes shine and is a great oil-conditioner natural hair.
- Benefits of apple cider vinegar - Prevents dandruff and hair thinning.
Also check out - eBook Ways to Grow African American Hair Longer for $3.99