Don't wait for St. Patrick's Day to make homemade Irish Cream Liqueur. Any time of the year is a good time to be Irish! This homemade Irish Cream is spiked with rum, brandy, bourbon and whiskey. One glass and you'll be dancing the Irish jig too!
Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups total mix of Irish Whiskey, brandy, dark rum, and/or Kentucky bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate flavored syrup, like Hershey's
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions: How To Make Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur
- Blend all ingredients well in large mixing bowl on low speed, or in a blender on high for 30 seconds, or use a large whisk.
- Chill overnight to let the flavors mingle.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
- Use within 7 days.
- Serves about 10-15.
- Pour over ice cubes and serve on the rocks.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup down the inside of a straight glass. Gently pour in Irish Cream, being careful not to disturb the syrup.
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream can be used in a number of desserts and puddings like this Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake recipe.
More Irish Recipes
Healthy Irish Soda Bread Recipe
Traditional Irish Soda Bread Recipe
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake Recipe
White Chocolate Baileys Irish Cream Mousse Pie Recipe
The copyright of the article How to Make Homemade Baileys Irish Cream: Best St. Patrick's Day Recipe is owned by Donna Diegel. Permission to republish in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.
Photo Credit: Morguefile; doctor_bob