Intro: Want to know how to make glazed carrots for holidays like Easter or Mother's Day? These easy glazed carrots recipes will give you plenty to choose from. Included here are recipes for orange glazed carrots, brown sugar glazed carrots, maple glazed carrots and honey glazed carrots. Learning how to cook glazed carrots will give you a delicious side dish for foods like baked ham or roasted lamb.
How to Make Glazed Carrots
To start off these recipes, boil or steam one pound of baby carrots. I like to add a bit of garlic salt to my recipe at this stage (if you're boiling carrots), but you don't have to.
For Orange Glazed Carrots:
Ingredients for Orange Glazed Carrots Recipe:
- 1/4 c. of orange juice
- 3 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Pinch of salt
How to Make Orange Glazed Carrots:
- Put the steamed or boiled carrots into saucepan.
- Pour the orange juice over the carrots.
- Allow this mixture to heat for 5 minutes on the stove on medium heat.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook until the butter melts.
Maple Glazed Carrots
Ingredients for Maple Glazed Carrots Recipe:
- 8 Tbsp of butter
- 1/4 c. of maple syrup
- Lemon juice, fresh squeezed is best
- salt, pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves
Instructions for Maple Glazed Carrots:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in the carrots, maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Cook the carrots for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in thyme -- between a tsp and Tbsp, depending on your preference.
- Mix everything together.
Easy Honey Glazed Carrots:
Ingredients for Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe:
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp of honey
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt, pepper
- 1/4 c. of chopped parsley
Easy Honey Glazed Carrots Instructions:
- Add carrots, honey, butter and lemon juice to your pan.
- Cook the carrots until the mixture coats the steamed baby carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle parsley on the carrots to garnish.
Want to know how to cook glazed carrots with brown sugar? Then watch the video for the brown sugar glazed carrots recipe. It's very easy and delish!