May 4, 2014
All ice skaters fall down. That is just the way it is, and practicing falling over and over again is the only way to learn how to fall safely. Also, did you know that falling on the ice is fun?
- First practice falling off the ice without your skates on.
- Next practice falling off the ice with your skates on.
- As soon as you get on the ice, practice falling on the ice from a standstill near the rink's railing.
- Then, move away from the rail, and practice falling on the ice while moving slowly.
- Now, go a bit faster, and practice falling on the ice while moving.
- Fall down on purpose on the ice over and over again.
- Play games to make falling on the ice fun.
- Wear gloves.
- Try to not let your hands and arms to swing around or to get out of control while you skate.
- Try to not let your hands help break a fall.
- Practice falling on purpose on the ice and over again.
- If you think that you are about to fall, bend your knees and squat into a dip position.
- Exercises to help figure skaters do sit spins
- Six ways to make ice skating fun
- Ice skating turning tips