Intro: Learning how to make cookie pops allows you to give your sweetie a Valentine bouquet of the sweet kind. All you need to make heart-shaped cookie bouquets are some basic ingredients, some cookie cutters, cookie sticks plus frosting. Finally, at the end of the article, you'll find some tips to follow that will ensure that your cookies will taste great!
- The history of Valentine's Day cards: Why cards have V-Day love quotes and poems
- Valentine love quotes by Shakespeare for 2014: Poems and quotes for cards
- Valentines day dinner ideas: 5 Romantic recipes for pasta, lamb, prime rib
Want to Learn How to Make Cookie Pops?
You can decorate your Valentine cookie bouquets with pink, red or white icing. Wrap pretty bows and decorative cellophane around your V-Day cookie pops for a treat that will be gone in a matter of hours.
You also don't have to use heart-shaped cookies to make your cookie pop designs. If you look through the slide show, I've included some cute Valentine's Day cookie designs for you to try.
Some are heart-shaped cookies, but others are a bit more fun. All will give you ideas about cookie shapes, frosting ideas or cookie bouquet possibilities.
You can find cookie cutters for these Valentine's Day cookie designs on Amazon.
- For the corset cookie cutter
- Different heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Other cookie designs, including Mickey Mouse and stars
The video at the top of the screen will teach you how to make cookie bouquets. It also has a recommended recipe for you to use.
Not Sure About Making Cookie Pops: Other Valentine Cookie Designs to Try
However, if you'd like to have a simpler Valentine's Day baking regiment, I recommend you make some heart-shaped cookies the traditional way, meaning no stick.
If you'd like to do that, I'm including some links to the recipes that I always use to make some easy sugar cookies plus my recipe for cream cheese icing.
- Holiday sugar cookies: Recipes for sugar cookies
- Cream cheese icing recipe for your Christmas cookies and cakes
Tips for Making Beautiful Cookie Pops
Finally, your Valentine cookie bouquet will only be as good as the cookies you make them from. Below, you'll find a few tips to keep in mind so that you end up with stunning cookie bouquets every time.
- Get all the ingredients together first. You don't want to start making your Valentine cookie bouquets and realize you don't have something.
- Allow your cookie sheets to cool between baking batches.
- Make sure that you've used the correct ingredients and in the correct amount for your easy cookie recipes.
- Putting the dough in the fridge for awhile before you bake them makes your Valentine's Day cookie designs taste better.
- Use the best ingredients, including fresh eggs, good milk and new spices, flour and baking powder.
Sources: About.com, Mr. Food