Other Valentine's Day Ideas and Articles
- How to make cookie pops: Heart-shaped cookie designs for Valentine bouquets
- Orange chocolate chip scones recipe for your romantic Valentine gift basket
- Valentine love quotes + picture frame crafts = Cute homemade V-Day gifts ideas
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan is a Delish Choice for V-Day Dinner
If you're looking for romantic dinner ideas for Valentine's Day, chicken Parmesan with pasta is an excellent way to go. There's something about this recipe that feels a little special, maybe because most people don't make it often.
This is too bad. A baked breaded chicken parm recipe is actually really easy to make. However, it's the kind of dish that looks and feel a little complicated in part, because it looks so pretty on the plate.
How to Pick a Wine to Go with the Breaded Chicken Parm
Despite it being a poultry dish, chicken parm actually goes really well with a red Merlot or Pinot Noir wine. The wine you drink with the dish will depend largely on your tastes and budget.
For example, some wines like the Merlot are very dry. If you don't like dry wines, you may want to pick the Pinot Noir.
Additionally, the wine you choose to go with your breaded chicken parm dinner for two can also function as a good dessert wine. Merlot, for example, because it is so dry goes well with dishes like Nutella chocolate mousse pie, because it cuts the sweet and gives the dishes balance.
You can read more about selecting a wine to go with Valentine's Day dinner in books like Guide to Choosing, Serving & Enjoying Wine or Enjoying Wine: A Complete Guide to Understanding, Choosing, and Drinking Wine.
How to Make Chicken Parmesan With Pasta
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- Bread crumbs -- best to go with the seasoned kind
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Grated mozzarella
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
Instructions for the Breaded Chicken Parmesan Recipe:
- Pound the chicken until it's 1/2-inch thick.
- Pour some of the bread crumbs into a pie tin.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together the milk and the egg.
- Dip the chicken into the mixture and then into the bread crumbs so that the chicken breasts become coated.
- Start the olive oil to heating in a large skillet. Turn it to medium-high.
- Brown the chicken in the skillet. You'll want to brown both sides -- should take about 4 minutes for each side.
- Put chicken in a baking dish.
- Place 2 mozzarella slices on each piece of chicken.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce on the chicken breasts and add more of the grated mozzarella and the grated Parm to the dish. Use the whole jar; the rest you'll use for the spaghetti.
- Bake the dish on 350 degrees for 30 minutes. The cheese should be bubbly.
Additional Tips for How to Make Chicken Parmesan
- Serve this with spaghetti and garlic bread.
- Start with a fresh salad or antipasto for a complete meal.
- Watch the video to learn how to make the spaghetti. Add it to the plate before you plate up the breaded chicken parm recipe. Place the chicken pieces on top of the spaghetti. Add additional sauce from the pan.
Choose one of the Following Desserts to Serve it With the Chicken Parm Recipe: