Do you want to cook delicious chicken mushroom soup that tastes homemade but only takes about ten minutes to make? It is also economical and easy to make. You and your loved ones will savor this tasty treat.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cans of 10.5 oz. Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 ten oz. can of Chunk White Chicken in water
- Milk to fill the 3 emptied cans
- 3 heaping teaspoons of corn starch or flour
- Chopped up canned, bottled, or fresh mushrooms (optional)
- Large pot
- Large mixing spoon
Dump a can of canned chunk white chicken (water plus meat) into a large pot. Then mash or shred it up with a large spoon or potato masher so that it is in very small pieces.
Alternatively, you could use leftover chicken or turkey.
Dump the contents of your 3 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup into the pot.
Add a heaping teaspoon of corn starch or flour to each can.
Fill each can half full of milk. Stir until the corn starch or flour is totally blended into the milk mixture. Then fill each can the rest of the way with milk.
Pour each can of milk mixture into the pot on the stove.
Optional step 6:
You could add canned, bottled, or fresh mushrooms to give the soup extra nourishment.
Turn the stove on to high heat. Stir the soup mixture until it is totally blended. Keep stirring as the mixture reaches a low boil.
Then turn down the heat and stir a while longer until it looks done.
Pour soup into bowls, serve, and eat. You will find it thick, rich, and delicious. It warms the tummy and tastes and feels like comfort food.
This translates well as leftovers. You will most likely need to stir in some extra milk before placing the soup in the microwave to reheat. Otherwise, the soup may be overly thick.
* Generic canned mushroom soup can be just as delicious as brand names. For example, my husband and I love Food Club’s version from Food City. You can really save money that way.
* Make certain you thoroughly mix the corn starch in a small amount of milk before you add it to the soup mixture so that it doesn't chunk up.
For two illustrated cooking tutorials on making this recipe, please visit one or both of the following hubs created by the author:
- Ask DJ Lyons: How to make Cream of Mushroom Soup taste like its homemade
- Ask DJ Lyons: Another version of Chicken Mushroom Soup
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: email@example.com