A Valentine bead wreath will add a touch of elegance to a home. It is fun to make, and can be made in colors matching other holidays. This wreath can also be made in traditional colors to match the decor in your home.
Valentine Bead Wreath
- 15 inch flat back, round edge Styrofoam wreath
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Approximately 520 5/8 inch acrylic beads in burgundy and mauve
- Three yards of wide mauve ribbon
- Two yards of wide burgundy ribbon
1.Take one end of the pink ribbon and glue it to the back of the wreath. Wrap the ribbon around the entire wreath. Glue end piece of the ribbon to the beginning piece. Cut off excess ribbon.
2. Starting on the outside of the wreath, glue on burgundy beads one at a time with the glue gun.
3. Glue the next layer using the mauve beads. Continue gluing rows of beads, and alternating colors until the Valentine wreath is completely covered with beads.
4. Wrap the burgundy ribbon around the top of the wreath, then tie into a bow. Hang the wreath from the bow.
Bead pattern for the Valentine wreath can be alternating rows of burgundy and mauve beads, or each row of beads can have alternating bead colors. The variations of bead combinations are endless, and can be done according to your taste.
Michael's Arts and Crafts located on 861 Williston Road in Burlington, Vermont has a great selection of beads and ribbon perfect for making the Valentine bead wreath.