This heart wreath is a great Valentine’s Day craft project for kids. You can hang it on the wall, door or windows. You can even make more than one and hang them in multiple windows in your home or school.
• A cereal box or other thin piece of cardboard
• A piece of paper
• Markers or crayons
• Glue sticks
• Yarn or sturdy string
• Construction paper: pink, purple, red, and blue
How to make the wreath
1. Use your pencil to draw a large circle on the cereal box or cardboard. Now inside that one, draw another circle that is about 2-3 inches from the outside circle.
2. Cut out the large circle. Then cut out the center of the second, smaller circle to make your wreath’s starting point.
3. Next, take the scrap paper and draw a heart on it. Cut out the heart.
4. Now take the heart and trace it on the construction paper using all of the colors. You should have 3 hearts of each color totaling 12 hearts.
5. Now using your markers or crayons, write cute candy phrases on the hearts. You know, like the cute sayings that are found on the candy hearts during Valentine’s Day. Here are some ideas: Be Mine. Kiss Me, Hug me. Sweet. Cutie pie. Awesome. Xoxo.
6. Next arrange the hearts on the wreath. Don’t glue them down yet. Wait until you get all of your hearts situation on the wreath cutout.
7. Now that you have the hearts arranged you can start gluing them on.
8. Add a piece of yarn or string to the wreath and you’re set to hang your heart wreath up.